Jump to recipe
Taco Bake has two of the foods kids love most–tacos and macaroni and cheese–combined in one cheesy, family-friendly recipe. I found this dish in a Kraft magazine years ago, and you can pretty much figure if it’s a name like Kraft, it’s going to be good.
And yep, Taco Bake IS good. Really good. In fact, it’ll excite your taste buds, make your tummy scream for more, make your mouth water and–
Well, you get the idea.
Filling, flavorful and easy to prepare, Taco Bake will become one of your go-to meals when you need something hot from the oven to the table in a reasonable amount of time.
If you can brown hamburger and boil water for macaroni, you can make Taco Bake. Try it tonight!
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg (1 1/4 oz) Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare Dinner as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown meat. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to the meat. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner.
- Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8 inch square baking dish.
- Top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
- Bake 15 minutes. Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted.
One Response to Taco Bake