Jump to recipe
Oatmeal Carmelitas are another family favorite I’ve been making for literally decades. Bottled caramel ice cream sauce, chocolate chips and walnuts make this cookie bar easy, with just the right amount of richness to satisfy a sweet tooth. I found my recipe in one of those Pillsbury cookbooks you find at the check-out counter–and I tell ya, my experience is that those little compilation of recipes are often the best!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping
- 3 TB flour
- Oven: 350 degrees
- Grease 13 x 9 pan.
- Combine all crust ingredients in large bowl. Mix at low speed until crumbly.
- Press about 3 cups in prepared pan. (Reserve remaining crumb mixture for topping.)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle warm base with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Combine caramel topping with 3 TB flour. Pour evenly over chocolate chips and nuts.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Return to oven and bake 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars.
To get my recipes:
Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram