Let me just say it upfront and get it out of the way. Jack-O-Lantern Jumble is ADDICTING! It has that classic sweet-and-salty combination that makes it impossible to stop after the first mouthful.
We make Jack-O-Lantern Jumble every October and November when candy corn abounds in the stores. We make it double-batches at a time. We make it because we can’t NOT make it, and because we love it so darned much. It is so-o good.
Find the biggest bowl in your cupboard and make a double-batch today!
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup candy corn
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, peanut butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic powder.
- Cook and stir until butter and peanut butter are melted.
- Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool. Stir in candy corn.
- Store in air-tight container.
- Yield: About 2 quarts