Jump to recipe
Well, shoot. I wish this recipe had a snappier name. Crunchy Granola? Almond and Coconut Granola? Anytime-You-Want-To-Eat-It Granola?
But the truth is, this Granola is everything granola should be. Crunchy, healthy, loaded with goodness and not-too-many calories.
I got this recipe from my oldest daughter, Ann Marie, and we’ve both been making it for years. I love recipes where you can get creative, dump ingredients into a bowl, stir them up and throw them onto a pan for a little baking. You can eat the granola by the handful, toss it with yogurt, bake cookies with it, or have a bowl for breakfast. Try it with Vanilla Soy Milk. Delish!
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (chopped or whole, your favorite)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 Tb sesame seeds
- 2 Tb flax seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tb oil
- 2 Tb honey
- 2 Tb molasses
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate chips
- Dried banana chips
- Dried fruit variety of your choice
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a big bowl.
- Combine the 4 liquid ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat till warmed through and not so viscous (thick).
- Stir in the next 3 ingredients.
- Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Spread on jellyroll pan (either spray with Pam or use parchment paper or your Silpat.)
- Bake 350 degrees 25-30 minutes, stirring twice.
- Cool completely, then add extra ingredients
- Store in airtight container.