Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Are you tired of hamburgers this time of year? Are you looking for an easy supper that’s BIG on taste?
You will love these sliders.
This is a new recipe that’s a fun take on an old favorite – Chicken Parmigiana. The recipe comes together fast. You just need to allow time for baking up a pan of chicken tenders and then heating up the sliders to get that ooey-gooey melted cheese going.
You can mix up the ingredients, too. Check the recipe and I’ll tell you how!
- 24 oz frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 12 oz package Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 7 1/2 oz package sliced provolone or mozzarella
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 TB minced fresh basil
- Prepare chicken tenders according to package directions.
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees.
- Without separating Hawaiian rolls, cut horizontally in half. Arrange roll bottoms in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spread half of cheese slices over roll bottoms.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Layer rolls with half of sauce, chicken tenders, remaining sauce and remaining cheese slices. Replace top halves of rolls.
- Make topping: melt butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and stir together.
- Pour (or brush) over rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
- Note: Dinner rolls can be used instead of Hawaiian rolls, but I loved the slightly-sweet taste of the Hawaiian rolls. Add some pepperoni slices if you want! Sub chicken nuggets for the tenders. 13 x 9 pan may not be full, and I had a couple of chicken tenders left over.