Jump to recipe
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Are you tired of hamburgers this time of year? Are you looking for an easy supper that’s BIG on taste?
You will love these sliders.
This is a new recipe that’s a fun take on an old favorite – Chicken Parmigiana. The recipe comes together fast. You just need to allow time for baking up a pan of chicken tenders and then heating up the sliders to get that ooey-gooey melted cheese going.
You can mix up the ingredients, too. Check the recipe and I’ll tell you how!
- 24 oz frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 12 oz package Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 7 1/2 oz package sliced provolone or mozzarella
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 TB minced fresh basil
- Prepare chicken tenders according to package directions.
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees.
- Without separating Hawaiian rolls, cut horizontally in half. Arrange roll bottoms in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spread half of cheese slices over roll bottoms.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Layer rolls with half of sauce, chicken tenders, remaining sauce and remaining cheese slices. Replace top halves of rolls.
- Make topping: melt butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and stir together.
- Pour (or brush) over rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
- Note: Dinner rolls can be used instead of Hawaiian rolls, but I loved the slightly-sweet taste of the Hawaiian rolls. Add some pepperoni slices if you want! Sub chicken nuggets for the tenders. 13 x 9 pan may not be full, and I had a couple of chicken tenders left over.