Jump to recipe
Chocolate kisses are delightful any time of year, but when it’s Christmas (or even Valentine’s Day), these cookies are PERFECT! Such a nice change from the norm with their beautiful pink color, flavored with almond and little bits of maraschino cherry in every bite–all topped off with chocolate. What’s not to love? Even better, they’re easy to make.
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Few drops of red food coloring
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 48 chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, cherry juice, almond extract and food coloring. Blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off. Stir flour and salt into dough mixture. Add cherries and mix well.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Immediately top each cookie with a chocolate kiss.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheets.
Leave a Reply